Thursday, December 29, 2011

Packing, Packing, and More Packing

Hello friends and family~
Things in the Southwick house are pretty crazy these days! We are getting very close to our departure date of December 31st. Trying to figure out what to take and what not to take half way around the world is really hard! We are limited to what we can take so it makes it even harder! But with much thought and a few tears, we are figuring it out!
The boys actually were the easiset as they wanted DS and Wii games and LEGOS! Well we have pretty much packed every Lego we own, and they will be airshiped to our new home in China (although we do have a suitcase full of the new sets from Christmas).
Natalie was a little harder as she will be home more than the boys so we took a bunch of stuff for her. She got a lot of plastic bins for Christmas to put her new things in (Littlest Pet Shops, Polly Pockets, Little Pony, art suppplies).
My scrapbook stuff is coming to China as I will have some time on my hands. Hopefully I will be able to catch up as I am several years behind.
It has been an emotional roller coaster these last few weeks as well. The littlest things set me off. Saying "see you in a few years" to so many close friends has been hard. They have all been so good to us, and it will be hard to leave our support system!
We leave Detriot on the 31st. I was thinking of shouting out every hour starting at midnight on my watch Happy New Years!!! Has to be New Years somewhere right?? Probably would make a lot of passengers mad though.
We arrive in Shanghai at 7:30pm on the 1st. We will start our new year with this new adventure in a new country .
Hugs to all of you. Please do not be strangers. I will need to get some "love" for a few weeks! Happy New Years to all of you!!

2 comments:

  1. What a great adventure you guys are on! Have safe travels and keep blogging. I still read my blog from our days in Vietnam. The kids will love to look back at their time in China. I know what it is like to be so far from "home" but embrace it~ Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see pictures. Enjoy your time scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete