Monday, April 16, 2012

Been a long time!!

Hello all! It has been a very long time since my last post! Internet in China is not always reliable and honestly I was in a bit of a funk for a bit! Our winter here was very wet and very dreary and cold (in fact much colder than the winter most of you had). I had many China days! But I gave myself a real good talking and realized that this is life for me right now and to make the most of it!!

I have not had all China days! Natalie and I have done some exploring and now that the weather is nice , we are outside a lot! I am starting to feel like I fit in! I have met many wonderful ladies!

The boys continue to do amazing! They have settled in just fine! I constantly have kids coming and going through our front door! They both received excellent report cards! They hold student led conferences here in the Spring, and it was very cool to see both of our boys conduct a report on how they are performing at school. Nicholas presented his to us in a Power Point Presentation! I will admit the kid knows more about PPP than I do!!

Natalie is involved in ballet and then a multi sport class! She loves both! She is making friends that she plays with mostly after school as they are in PreK!! She will start Kindergarten in Fall. The school wanted to place her in PREK but because Chrysler will not pay for it and technically she would have started K back home, they are allowing her to start K here!! Will be a very sad day for me, but she is SO ready!!

As I mentioned, I am making friends and have had many lunch , coffee, tea dates! This Friday I am going to a Qipao Party! A qipao is an oriental dress! We are going to get measured and then after going to the fabric market to pick out our fabric, a tailor will make the dress for us! We will go out to dinner a few weeks later and all wear them! Should be fun!!

We recently went to Xi'an China over our Spring Break! The terracotta warriors are there! Simply amazing! These warriors were buried for thousands of years! It really was so cool to see! We had a wonderful little vacation! Even felt like celebrities! We had our picture taken so many times in four days! I can totally get while stars do not like all the attention!!

Greg is good. Work is going better! He is traveling to Beijing for two nights this week. This will be the first time I am alone in China with the kids. I am a bit nervous, but know we will survive! His Grandma did pass away about two weeks ago. That was hard to not go home for the funeral. We looked into it, but it would have been A LOT of traveling for just a couple of days, and we did not want to do that to the kids.

Anyways, we are still alive over on the other side of the world! We take each day at a time. If we (most of the time me) are having a moment, we just remember that we are together and that this is not forever! And then we think about all we are seeing and experiencing and smile!

Hope all is well with all of you!!
Love,
Wendi

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you guys... On three occasions last week I thought I saw Nick on the playground running around. Glad to read the kids are doing well in school! I would expect nothing less from your wonderful boys! Hugs for Natalie and hugs for you too. Thinking and praying for my favorite Eriksson family!

    vanessa

    ReplyDelete